Understand Your Skin’s Type
Maintaining a good skin care routine is one of the best things that you can do to have a younger face. With healthier skin, you can also avoid problems from rashes or blemishes. Before planning your skin care routine, you must understand your skin’s type so that you can buy the best products. There are several skin types, including:
Your skin’s type can change throughout your lifetime due to the aging process or from health conditions such as diabetes mellitus. If you don’t understand your skin’s type, then an aesthetician at a day spa can examine your skin, or you can visit a dermatologist for an evaluation. After you understand your skin’s type, you can plan your skin care routine for each day, and you will also know what types of skin care products to buy.
What are the Different Types of Skin Care Products?
During the summer, you may need to cleanse your skin more often, but during the winter, you might need to moisturize frequently. In addition, you might need to have different skin care products for your face and body. There are also skin care products that are formulated for certain age groups such as teenagers or senior citizens along with specialized products for men and women. You can find economical skin care products, but there are also expensive moisturizing creams or cleansers available. Some of the skin care products that you can find include:
- Soap – hard or liquid soaps for different skin types
- Toners – a liquid that helps to remove oil while tightening the pores
- Exfoliating granules – granulated products that unplug the pores
- Moisturizers – emollient lotion or cream products for different types of skin
- Serums – used for additional moisturizing on certain areas of the face
- Firming creams – used on the lax skin on the face and neck
- Tanning lotions – contains dyes that seep into the skin to darken it slightly
- Discoloration serums – used for reducing the appearance of scars or age spots
- Acne treatments – an assortment of products to eliminate pimples
- Anti-aging – used to reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Sunscreen lotion or cream – to protect your skin from the sun’s ultraviolet rays
What is a Good Skin Care Routine?
You should have a routine of washing your face when you wake-up and before you go to bed. If you have oily skin or if it is a hot day, then you may need to wash your face and body more often. You should also apply moisturizing lotions or creams to your body and face. If you have dry skin, then you should use moisturizers several times a day and before bed. However, if you have oily or acne-prone skin, then you can use lightweight moisturizers. When you have blemishes such as pimples or blackheads, you should also cleanse with toner products and apply acne treatments.
Get In Touch with Us for More Information
To learn more about the particulars of a good skin care routine, we encourage you to reach out and make an appointment with Lougheed Laser Centre. At our convenient location in Burnaby, our caring and devoted staff will be pleased to explain your options in full and answer any questions you may have. Contact us today to set up your consultation – we look forward to speaking with you!